Atlanta alumni and friends raise $7.6 million for The Campaign for Syracuse University
Thanks to the leadership of the Atlanta Regional Council, and the loyalty of alumni and friends, more than $7.6 million has been given to The Campaign for Syracuse University from the Atlanta area.
Since the campaign began, SU alumni, parents, and friends in the Atlanta region yielded gifts supporting a multitude of SU programs, scholarships, and research initiatives. As of October 18, 2012, more than 500 donors had demonstrated the importance of SU in their lives, many crediting both their personal and professional success to their SU experiences.
Following are the Campaign statistics specific to the Atlanta area:
- Total gifts and pledges from Atlanta-area alumni, parents, and friends since The Campaign for Syracuse University began: $7,612,258
- Atlanta-area donors to the campaign: 557
- Percentage of alumni in the Atlanta area who have participated in the campaign: 20%
- Student Access and Support: to increase support for scholarships, assistantships, and fellowships
- Faculty Excellence: to endow deanships, chairs and professorships, and to provide funds for faculty recruitment and retention, start-up costs and professional development
- Cross-Connections: to advance interdisciplinary teaching, research and community engagement initiatives, particularly in the areas of technology and science, social policy, community and economic development, the humanities, communications and the arts
- Building Futures: to enhance teaching and research facilities and provide state-of-the-art technology on campus, as well as at SU’s regional centers in New York City, Los Angeles, and Washington, D.C., and study centers abroad
- Annual Support: to provide flexible, immediately available dollars that enable the chancellor, deans, and other division heads to funnel dollars wherever they are most urgently needed